Thursday, June 19, 2008

For my Rosa

SISTERS

HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY! ! ! ! !

I love you so much. I will never be able to tell you how overwhelmingly lucky I
feel to have you as my big sister. You have always been a voice of understanding and encouragement to me. I am happy that you are always yourself and that you have the confidence to say the things that you feel need to be said and to do what needs to be done. I am completely amazed at the amount of compassion and sensitivity you show to those that need it.

Here are a few things that I wouldn't forget if you paid me.

*I will never forget our notes under the door.
*I won't forget that you pulled off my Barbie's head
*Or that time I bit you on the tushie
( none of these things being in any way my fault. );)
*I will never forget your long luscious perm, your NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) sleep shirt, or how you wore that one piece purple onesie pajama that zipped all the way up the front (including feet pads) until it was uncomfortably tight and then ripped the feet out so you could continue to wear it.
*I will never forget that I am pink and you are purple.

*I will never forget how you and Tabby scared our cousin into thinking you were a witch via the infamous scissor cut on Tabby's hand. *I will never forget how you lit fireworks (worms) on the basement floor, instead of outside on the step so that mom and dad wouldn't find out, pure unadulterated, misguided genius even at such a young age.

*I will never forget how you always told me I was pretty.

*I will never forget that you used to rub in my lotion for me because "it made my hands tired". *I will never forget that you never let your friends be mean to me.
*I will never forget that you always tried to include me.
*I will never forget that you let me be "right" even when I was wrong.
*I will never forget that you let me be myself.
*I will never forget that you will always be there for me.
*I will always think of you when I watch a good (or bad) movie, when I hear the name Crystal, when I eat nachos, when I want ice cream, and when I see a little girl with long black hair in a pretty braid.


I miss you and I love you. XOXO






3 comments:

J.R., Amber, and Co. said...

Oh how sweet!!! What a good sister you are! and P.S. How many people can really have birthdays in one family in a 2 week time frame???!!! Sheesh!

LuckyDogs said...

That made me cry!! You are so sweet and thoughtful Lisa...I don't think there is a better gift than loving someone the way you love your sis. Happy b-day Rosa!

Mindy said...

I love how you always have nice things to say about your family. There's no doubt how much you love them!